Things to do in Sandusky, Ohio this summer
This summer Sandusky, Ohio is celebrating 200 years! Yes, it’s the city of Sandusky’s Bicentennial and they’ve rolled out the red carpet, the bells & whistles, and a GIANT RUBBER DUCK. I’m excited to share more about what you can do in Sandusky this summer. There is so much you won’t want to miss!
Here are 20 reasons to visit Sandusky in summer 2018:
1. Did someone say guacamole? Spend a Taco Tuesday at OH Taco – Sandusky’s hippest Mexican restaurant, located right next to the Hotel Kilbourne.
2. Take a spin on a Segway! A tour with Segwave is a fun and non-traditional way to see downtown Sandusky. Riders over 14 are welcome.
3. See Wyatt Earp and his gunslinging pals on the big screen at the Sandusky State Theatre. The show starts at 7:00 pm on June 19, and tickets are only $5.
4. Strike your best Instagram pose in front of the new Sandusky mural. You’ll find it at the rear of the Sandusky State Theatre.
5. Take a spin on the Carousel at the Merry-Go-Round Museum. Just take my advice, don’t eat a big breakfast beforehand. It’s faster than you think!
6. Watch a movie under the stars and by the sea. The whole family will enjoy Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on June 25.
7. Learn about Sandusky’s role in the Underground Railroad on a walk through history – June 27th.
8. Party like a patriot at Sandusky’s July 4th Stars and Stripes Celebration. You can run off those cheeseburgers and hot dogs in the 10k or Family Relay.
9. Eat fish and chips bayside at Dockside Cafe. Celebrate 200 years at their sunset happy hour.
10. Watch the tall ships come in- literally- for Sandusky’s Festival of Sail. You won’t want to miss all the festivities July 12-15.
11. Sing “Rubber Duckie, you’re the one” as you watch the World’s Largest Rubber Duck float in Sandusky Bay! This 61-foot, 15-ton duck also makes an appearance at the Festival of Sail.
14. Toast to the Bicentennial with a glass of Walleye White at Firelands Winery.
15. Then burn some calories ascending the indoor rock wall at Paddle + Climb, which is new to Sandusky in 2018.
16. Celebrate the founding with a FREE concert & fireworks on Founder’s Day weekend, August 18th-19th.
17. Pick up some healthy produce at the Sandusky Farmer’s Market, located at the corner of Hancock & Market Streets, every Saturday morning.
18. Try not to get spooked while on a walk of downtown Sandusky’s most haunted locales, happening June 27. The cost of the tour helps the Sandusky Maritime Museum stay afloat (pun!)
19. Belly-up to the Bayfront Bazaar and Brew every second Wednesday of the month at the Sandusky Bay Pavilion.
20. Ice cream is always a good idea! Finish off those long summer days with a scoop or two of Toft’s Dairy Bicentennial Butterscotch Toffee – made just for the city of Sandusky in 2018.
2018 looks like a summer to remember in Sandusky! Which one of these are you most hoping to visit? I can’t pick just one.
For more to do in Sandusky with the family, check out THIS POST.
**I was hosted on a press tour of Sandusky in 2017. All opinions and suggestions are based on my own research. Post contains affiliate links.**